Book online bus tickets to Amingada By SR Tours and Travels
SR Tours and Travels takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode SR Tours and Travels
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode SR Tours and Travels
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode SR Tours and Travels
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode SR Tours and Travels
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
SR Tours and Travels takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Erode
, Erode-Hubli By Pass
SR Tours and Travels provides the travel to Davangere is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the administrative headquarters of Davangere District. The city is located on NH4 (National Highway 4) at a distance of about 265 km from the state capital of Bangalore. Davangere became separate district in 1997; it was separated from the district of Chitradurga for Administration conveniences.
Previously known for its cotton mills, it was a fast developing city of Karnataka. There was a time when the city was called Manchester of Karnataka due to its excellent quality of cotton produced in its cotton mills and hand looms. City too was maintained very clean upto 1960s.
Davanagere was originally an obscure village, forming one of the suburbs of Bettur. Sultan Haider Ali (father of Great TIPU SULTAN popularly known as TIGER OF MYSORE) gave it as jagir to a Maratha chief named Apoji Ram who encouraged merchants to settle there. He died without heirs, but the place continued to grow, being favored by The Great Tippu Sultan. After the fall of The Great Tipu's regime a European firm exploited the situation and passed a hint to start a cotton mill which led to a boom of cotton mills in Davanagere. Cotton was grown in plenty as the soil of Davanagere and adjacent Harihar was favourable (black gypsum soil) and hence Davanagere Cotton Mills started by Rajanahalli family pioneer. Davanagere had a municipality as early as 1870. The Imperial Gazatteer of India(1911) says that the receipts and expenditure of the municipality during the ten years ending 1901 averaged Rs 14,200 and Rs 12,600 respectively.SR Tours and Travels takes you to the city named called Davanagere.
Davangere is the "Heart of Karnataka". Davangere is surrounded from Chithradurga, Bellary, Shimoga, Chikmagalur & Haveri districts.
SR Tours and Travels makes you to the visit Davanagere which lies in the Bayalu Seeme or the Maidan region on the Deccan Plateau. The district is bounded by Shimoga District (Malenadu) Area of Hills, Haveri District, Chitradurga District,Chikmagalur and Bellary District.
SR Tours and Travels makes the journey comfortable and from there Davangere District includes following Taluks from which you can further travel as mentioned below.
* Davangere - Headquarters of Davangere district.
* Harihar- famous for Harihareshwara Temple, Kirloskar Machine Tools, Sonalkar Machine Tools and others and NOW CITY has less INDUSTRIES.
* Jagalur- famous for Jagalur Imam Saheb - 1960's Member of Parliament - Absolutely Dry Land Town.
* Honnali- A Town connecting Shimoga District lies on the bank of river Tungabhadra.
* Channagiri- Forest area popularly known for timber activities in olden days.
* Harpanahalli- A Town very close to Bellary Iron Ore Minining, famous for sheep breeding.
Kannada is the major language spoken in Davangere. The kannada spoken in Davangere is pure & had very less influence of other languages. English, Hindi are spoken commonly owing to the presence of a large number of student population from across India and overseas. The Kannada that is spoken in and around Davangere is very characteristic. It is perhaps an intermediary dialect between the southern and the northern dialects of Kannada.
SR Tours and Travels connects to Davangere and then is connected to others city like Bombay, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Mangalore and Chennai through NH - 4 (Previously Poona-Bangalore Highway and now Mumbai-Chennai Highway). Bus also play a major role in connectivity. There are daily bus to Mumbai, Mysore, Bijapur and Bangalore.
There are proposals to start trains and bus to Mangalore, Shimoga, Indore, Jabalpur, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Cochin, Coimbatore via Davangere as it lacks direct rail connectivity with these cities.
Bus Station under use is constructed at British Time and small maintenance is keeping it to serve the purpose.Now parking place has been reconstructed infront of bus station. They kept huge place for parking with clean.
SR Tours and Travels provides public transportation by private bus services.
Finally SR Tours and Travels provides the facility to travel to the "Heart of Karnataka" is Davangere.
Book online bus tickets to Davangere by SR Tours and Travels
About SR Tours and Travels: